On Sun, 14 May 2006, maxim wexler wrote:

> Tell me about it! Have a look at #132141. I created a
> franken-kernel and their strategy seems to be to get
> me to repeat myself until I go away. I get the feeling
> they think I'm making stuff up.
>
> --- Kevin O'Gorman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No, they just think you're loading the wrong kernel through some human
error. It does happen at times.

You might have luck just backing up your .config, deleting all of the
kernel sources, clearing out the stuff from /boot (leaving the grub
config), removing the modules from /lib/modules, booting from a live cd,
emerging a new kernel, copying the .config to /usr/src/linux, running make
oldconfig, running
make && make install && make modules_install, checking to make sure your
grub config is pointing at /boot/vmlinuz, rebooting and seeing what
happens.