On 2008-02-12, Dan Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I've been waiting and waiting and waiting forever for DSL to
>> come to my neighborhood just so that I can switch to a decent
>> provider and rid myself of this nonsense.
>
> Don't assume DSL will be better.  They often block ports too
> (as you said, it's well within their service agreement to do
> so, but I still think it sucks).

At least 'round here you have far more ISP choices with DSL.
With cable all you get is a choice between 2-3 of the national
"send us your money and shut up" ISPs.  With DSL you can pick
from at least a dozen and a couple of them are top notch local
firms run by geeks for geeks.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  ... I don't like
                                  at               FRANK SINATRA or his