Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:20:00 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:

I've tried to upgrade to BL2, and found it is masked, along with openrc...so if those were masked..how did I end up with bits that rely on it, without unmasking them? strange.

Very strange. Baselayout-2 and openrc are both keyword masked and
shouldn't be installed on a stable system. Which bits of
testing/bl2/openrc have you ended up with?

I would appear that its part of lvm and/or mdadm...but I just don't know. Everything about BL2 is so hazy, its hard to tell. Basically I have a crapped up system and I have a presentation tomorrow :P

So I'm in the process of a partial over the top install. Once it's settled in, using the old portage tree that I know and love, I will be very wary about any upgrades...and I may just leave it as it is.

I don't see how BL2 has affected me, for as you say it's all masked.

Would be nice if a portage sync alerted me to the fact that the devil is now in control of the tree, and my system is likely to die at the slightest emerge.

I guess the old adage is true, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. So I won't be upgrading anything on my systems until this is a bit clearer.