Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
Hello

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 12:14:02PM +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:
Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
Do I read correctly you have new version of LVM that needs baselayout 2,
but you have only baselayout 1?
(If so, then probably much of the parallel thread is solving completely
different problem)
Problem is, I wasn't watching the emerge, so I'm not sure what did happen. It would appear that some package, probably LVM, has gotten out of sync with another critical package.

I'm just not sure how to get things back in sync again

You could try booting the life CD, mount anything like it should and
chroot to the installation. Then you can check out versions of
baselayout and the LVM packages and the too now one downgrade (or
upgrade the too old one, but it probably means getting into
baselayout-2, if you want it).

I hope it helps.

Ok, I don't think I really want to deal with baselayout 2 unless i really have to, does anyone know what version of LVM is safe to regress to so I can get access to data again?

I will upgrade to baselayout 2 eventually, but I really have to have this operational this week