Neil Bothwick wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:54:45 +0100, Matt Harrison wrote:

Very strange. Baselayout-2 and openrc are both keyword masked and
shouldn't be installed on a stable system. Which bits of
testing/bl2/openrc have you ended up with?

I would appear that its part of lvm and/or mdadm...but I just don't know. Everything about BL2 is so hazy, its hard to tell. Basically I have a crapped up system and I have a presentation tomorrow :P

Neither of those have anything to do with BL2 beyond init scripts that do
nothing but say "don't run me" under BL1. It sounds more like something
corrupted your LVM setup or metadata.

Well I would agree, except with my lvm working perfectly under the livecd, I just don't know what else to do.

I'm getting on well with the re-install, I've just got a kernel to compile and I hope i'll be back on track.

I would just keep booting from the livecd, except that it doesn't include iptables. Unless I get it reinstalled, its either data or network, but not both :P