Eric Martin wrote:
Dale wrote:
I have thought of having my own site and stuff but being on dial-up just
takes ALL the fun out of it.  The dial-up out here sucks even on dial-up
standards.  I get 24Kb which is about 3KBs/sec.
I plan to go talk to the cable company in a local town to see if they
have any interest in putting cable out here.  That would be so cool.  I
could get Vonage then and save another $500 or $600 a year.

I'm also going to check on Net Zero in a little bit.
Ideas welcome.

Dale

:-)  :-)
Dale, do you get good cell phone reception out by you?  You can get a
sprint aircard and a linksys router that has a pcmcia adapter in it to
split the signal.  It's not blazing fast but @ 60/month it's way better
than dialup.  BTW, I'm sure you can do it with providers other than
Sprint but I've only used the Sprint ones.

Well, I live waaaaaaaaaaay out in the country here. Even the cell service is not real good. I also live under a hill too. Funny thing is, the cell tower is only half a mile up the road. For about $60.00 I can get DirecWay, Hughes or whatever out here. I just can't afford that right now tho.

It's funny, I'm still looking for a unlimited plan that is truly unlimited. The terms of service really put limits on unlimited.
Thanks

Dale

:-) :-)