On Friday 28 November 2008 12:55:06 Andrea Momesso wrote:
> An easy way to find out if this is a gentoo related problem is to
> avoid using the livecd.
> You can easily chroot into the gentoo drive from your ubuntu
> installation and try to emerge
> gentoo-sources from there.

Ok, I've done this.  gentoo-sources emerged without any problems.  I've set it
compiling a genkernel (if I am convinced by what I get when it's all working,
I'll try compiling a custom kernel.  It's currently running without mishap.

> If you still get a failure you can be almost sure this is an hardware
> problem.

I haven't had a problem yet so I can't say anything.

I'm going out for a couple of hours later so I'll run a  memtest while I'm
gone.

Rosie

--
CURRENTLY READING: The Rainbow, by DH Lawrence
Pie'n'Mushies: Barrow Day-by-Day http://pieandmushies.wordpress.com