On Friday 28 November 2008 11:56:52 Iain Buchanan wrote:
> ah, who says Ubuntu isn't good for anything?  Good to see you're trying
> a real distribution :) </flame>

Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...

> Typically now you'd prove me wrong and say how you've been using
> <dieHardLinux> for years... anyhoo welcome!

First tasted Slackware about 12 years ago.  Long before that I used to make
VAXes sing and dance.  We'll draw a veil over the MVS/TSO/CICS years, except
to say that I know bloated systems when I see them.

> >[snip excellent problem report]

<blush>

> No offence, but I doubt an Ubuntu install would tax your resources as
> much as compiling your system as you have just done.

No, one can have it up and running in the time it takes to compile, say,
Firefox from scratch.  Sometimes I like a quiet life.  Other times I like to
live on the edge :)

> but girls don't exist on tha interwebz!

So it seems - look at all those pizza boxes and old beer cans all over the
floor.

Rosie

--
CURRENTLY READING: The Rainbow, by DH Lawrence
Pie'n'Mushies: Barrow Day-by-Day http://pieandmushies.wordpress.com