Neil Bothwick <n...@digimed.co.uk> writes:

> Everyone's more or less agreeing here, that the info format is useful but
> the standard info reader sucks. Once you start reading info pages in a
> decent reader, like Konqueror, they are useful for more complex
> documents. Although I'd still prefer HTML, mainly because of the
> wide choice of readers available.

Yet much (I would even suggest most) HTML documentation does not take
much advantage of the HTML format. It is rare for it to contain many
hyperlinks within the text. Often it is formatted more like a book with
each page just having previous, next, up and contents links at top
and/or bottom with few, if any, hyperlinks in the text.