Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> On 28 Mar, Mike Kazantsev wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:53:00 +0100
> >
> > Nicolai Beuermann <nicolai.beuerm...@gmx.de> wrote:
> >> Polipo is running but there's nothing changing when it's stopped.
> >> I'm on a NATted LAN behind a router without any firewall running on this
> >> host.
> >
> > So far (in this thread) I've seen svn fail when it's started by layman,
> > prehaps you should try starting it directly, like this:
> >
> >   cd /tmp && \
> >   svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/vmware/trunk vmware_overlay
> >
> > If it fails as well (I guess it should) and wget of the same http
> > address works, it certainly must be a bug in svn.
> >
> > 'strace -f svn co ...' might help to see which particular operation
> > fails - might be it's not http access, but something totally unrelated,
> > like forking a child 'getter' process due to some limit.
> >
> > You might also consider simply downgrading / updating svn, since no
> > matter what kind of bug there is, it might not manifest itself in other
> > versions.
>
> Hi,
>
> I've just discovered that reemerging dev-util/subversion (1.6.0)
> with different use flags gives a working svn
>
> USE='-webdav-neon webdav-serf' emerge -1 dev-util/subversion
>
> So, I suspect net-misc/neon (0.28.4) or the interplay of subversion with
> neon is broken.
>
> Helmut.
After building subversion with this new set of USE variables adding the
sabayon overlay works! Many thanks to everyone involved.
Unfortunately "layman -s vmware" (also: "layman -d vmware; layman -f -a
vmware") failed with:
svn: XML parsing failed: (411 Length Required)

Really strange.

nico
--
mailto: nicolai.beuerm...@gmx.de