The file is shortened to contain only one FeatureType, in detail
"Hauskoordinate" which is used in the mapping. I did not edit the version in
my app-schema-cache directly. I edited the file located at my localhost and
deleted the file in the cache. This schema file does contain an element with
the appropiate WFS feature type.

> your message describes encountering an error, but does not give any
> details. Do you see any errors in geoserver.log when it starts? Do you
> see any errors when you attempt to query the service?
> What is the nature of your error?

Well, I assume that the email does not contain any raw-tag I used to provide
the content of files and for the occured error too. So I'd like you to
review my post at
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/App-Schema-plugin-No-top-level-element-found-in-schemas-td6884793.html
This is the visual frontend of my topic with all replies and contains more
information than the generated email.

> I assume that you have configured your data store as described here:
> http://docs.geoserver.org/latest/en/user/data/app-schema/data-stores.html#postgis
That's true. And this is working if I edit the tutorial config to access my
postgis database instead of propery-files.

> Note that AppSchemaDataAccess.xsd is only used to assist editing with
> schema-aware editors. It is not required by the app-schema plugin.
Thank you for this hint. So I could remove the schema without any error.