The update hasn't been included for any GeoServer release yet - I had hoped
to get another feature or two in before updating the builds.  However, the
geocss JAR that I linked to should work in any GeoServer version (I think.)
 Here's that link again for reference:
http://gridlock.opengeo.org:8080/hudson/view/geoscript/job/geoscript-scala/ws/geocss/target/scala-2.9.1/geocss_2.9.1-0.7.4.jar

When I do get around to updating the build I won't be updating 2.1.x as it
is no longer a supported version of GeoServer.  However, SLDs generated
with 2.2.x and later should continue to be compatible with earlier versions
of GeoServer.

--
David Winslow
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/