Part of the point of using Java Enterprise Edition is to remain independent
from these choices (i.e. it should be up to you, or your IT department, what
they want to take the trouble to maintain).

Traditionally Jetty has focused on being a good embeddable component
(applications such as Eclipse use it to host local html files for "online
help"). It has recently grown up and supports all manner of crazy things such
as SPDY, use on google app engine and so on.

Tomcat has always been presented as standalone web server, and being far more
popular there is more documentation available on how to deploy it.

But yeah, just take it on cost (both a free but it may be less hassle getting
one up and going in your your it environment).

Jody Garnett