On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_...@wildintellect.com> wrote:
> If it's on par with a directory swap I suspect there are some users
> willing to test, as someone just did test jetty 8. Now that I know I can
> test on ubuntu jetty versions and see how it works.

It should be close to a directory swap, but it's not a  simple one.
The thing is, GeoServer ships with a minimum set of files and jars
from Jetty to make it run, it does not contain the whole thing.
An update should maintain this minimal setup... and the files might
be different in version 8 (but if you stick on 6 instead, it might well
be a simple replace).

If you are in a mood for a pull request, here is where the new Jetty
files should go:
https://github.com/geoserver/geoserver/tree/master/src/release/jetty

> Is there a test suite, or test procedure to follow to verify that is
> works, other than loading some layers?

Hum... we don't have a formalized procedure. I guess, load some layers,
and check each and every protocol, see if something breaks

Our support, Your Success! Visit http://opensdi.geo-solutions.it for
more information.

@geowolf
Technical Lead