Hello,

Sorry to stop this proposal but I'm actualy working on
multiple portrayal specification i'm willing to add in GeoAPI/GeoTools

Actually GeoTools is based on SLD style system v:1.0.0 , before making a
proposal to move
away from the OGC SLD specification I suggest we implement SLD v:1.1.0 .
SLD 1.10 has been splitted in SLD 1.1 and SE 1.1 (SE = Symbology Encoding)

You can know more about SE here :
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/symbol
So I suggest to fix geotools to handle SLD1.1 and SE 1.1 before making
any hacks.

As I said I'm working on styles : OGC SE and ISO 19117 "portrayal" and
I'll update geotools
and geoapi to fit those specifications in the coming weeks I hope.

I believe SE can handle your needs by using symbolizer functions :
see : http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=16700
Chapter : 11.6 Symbology Encoding Functions

Justin Deoliveira ha scritto:

> > Looks good Andrea. A couple of very minor things:
> >
> > * is there a reason for using String for url's in MarkFactory and and
> > java.net.URL. in ExternalGraphicFactory? I guess perhaps because the
> > ExternalGraphic is indeed *external* and you one needs to grab a
> > connection from it?

Ha ha, touch?... it's my laziness. Is "square" a valid URL?
I did not check, that's why I kept it a string. If not URL, would it
make sense to use URI?

> > * I think the proposal lacks a few simple code examples. For instance
> > the "Alternative design", I think i understand it... but an example
> > would really drive it home.

Examples of how a factory would be coded, or how it would be used?

Johann Sorel

Geomatys, GIS Developer : GeoTools,Puzzle-GIS
[EMAIL PROTECTED]