johann sorel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry to stop this proposal but I'm actualy working onmultiple portrayal
> specification i'm willing to add in GeoAPI/GeoTools
>
> Actually GeoTools is based on SLD style system v:1.0.0 , before making a
> proposal to move away from the OGC SLD specification I suggest we implement
> SLD v:1.1.0 .
> SLD 1.10 has been splitted in SLD 1.1 and SE 1.1 (SE = Symbology Encoding)

Eclesia I have reviewed SE 1.1 (exactly to see if had any help for us on
this issue). While it does a lot of things I am very excited about
(including separating out all that WMS specific SLD stuff into a
different schema), it does not help address this particular problem.

The by the book solution for MIL2525B and emergency response symbols is
to set up a series of Rules that map from attribute tests to
PointSymbolizers with fixed marks. Now while you can change many things
dynamically based on attributes; selecting a mark is not one of them....
and that is what this proposal is trying to fix.

The proposal has value all on its own since it allows us to optimize a
case that is traditionally troublesome; ie working with any of these SLD
documents offline is a good way to make uDig useless (as we have to wait
for each external graphic reference to timeout).

SE 1.1 does offer a form of what we need; and notices that internal
graphics exist; it just does not open the door wide enough to let us
specify which one to select based on an Expression.