Jody Garnett wrote:
> But do you not need the creation of a FeatureBuilder (rather than just a
> SimpleFeatureBuilder?) in order to meet your needs.

Yes. We have the old one which I ported from community-schemas on the
2.4 branch. The reason I want to change SimpleFeatureTypeBuilder is that
I want to change GML2EncoderUtils to add support for complex feature
encoding. While making these changes, I discovered the unwritten
contract: SimpleFeatureTypeBuilder discards namespaces, and
GML2EncoderUtils fabricates them. I don't fancy my chances of getting
changes to GML2EncoderUtils accepted if they break SimpleFeatureTypeBuilder.

> Much of this discussion can move over to the geotools list.

We are here already.  :-)

> My understanding is the existing datastores (being simple feature based) are
> not going to be that effected by your findings.

Changing the Query API will affect every DataStore. If this is done by
expanding Query and DefaultQuery as you indicated, it should be possible
to leave the existing DataStore implementations untouched.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineer, CSIRO Exploration and Mining