On 04/06/10 19:27, Mathieu Baudier wrote:
> I built GeoTools trunk recently (for the OSGi project we are trying to
> set up with Jody) on a OpenJdk 6 b16 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64 and it went
> very smoothly.

Did you build with -Dall?

>> is stupidly dependent on hash iteration order, though other times
>> there are less obvious issues).
>
> Yes, we had this as well and ended up hacking the unit tests to check
> which version we are running. A bit ugly but I did not find any better
> solution.

My solution is to replace every instance of HashMap with LinkedHashMap
throughout the codebase. This would remove the platform-dependence of
iteration order, as LinkedHashMap iteration order is defined (insertion
order).

I one wrote a HashMap-considered-harmful rant, but never sent it to the
list.  :-|

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben.caradoc-dav...@csiro.au>
Software Engineering Team Leader