Old pull requests also undermine branch hygiene. Is an old pull request
for master changed to a pull request for a stable branch when we make a
new stable? I don't think so. Misinterpreted pull requests might end up
merging across branches. Furthermore, single-use pull request branches
should be rebased for merge clarity, or flattened and cherry-picked. Do
we really want a two-year arc in our branch history?

+1 for closing stable pull requests, and +1 for linking them from Jira.

Thanks, Brett, for your diligent housekeeping. We will need to clarify
policy at today's meeting. Might be best to let module maintainers preen
pull requests for their modules, but if they do not, other developers
will have to.

Kind regards,
Ben.

--