Marcus Lynas High Tide is also a pretty good one. Liliana

At 05:23 PM 4/6/2006, Marc Levy wrote:
There are a lot to choose from nowadays.  I would suggest Elizabeth
Kolbert's recent book, Field Notes from a Catastrophe.   Artful writing,
faithful to the science, compelling argument.

Marc

Marc A. Levy
Associate Director for Science Applications
Center for International Earth Science Information Network (CIESIN)
Earth Institute, Columbia University
Lamont Campus
Columbia University
61 Route 9W
PO Box 1000
Palisades, NY  10964

tel: +1-845-365-8964
fax: +1-845-365-8922
web: http://www.ciesin.columbia.edu/
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Henrik Selin
Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2006 5:08 PM
To: gep-ed@listserve1.allegheny.edu
Subject: Easy to read climate book?

A student asked me the following question: I would like to purchase a book
that explains the specific effects of global warming (for instance, case
studies on species). I am hoping to find a book that is easily read and
includes photographs, something that I will be able to share with friends
and family and use as a sort of coffee table book to explain global warming
effects to people who don't understand the science of it.

Any ideas and suggestions?

Henrik

Liliana Andonova
Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies and Government
Department of Government
Colby College
4000 Mayflower Hill
Waterville, ME 04901