Dear Beth,

Last semester a student of mine wrote a very interesting paper on energy and
securitization of energy. The issue can be an interest of its own in view on
the recent EU initiative to adopt a common energy stratgy. However, the issue
can also be viewed as an input to the climate agenda or even a future
competing issue with the climate issue in view of the US strategy to develop
alternatives to the Kyoto mechnisms based on clean energy technology.

Besides, in line with the Copenhagen school og 'securitizationen' I have in my
course this semester introduced the  issue of securitization of environment as
an answer to the claims on 'death of environmenalism' and the challenges
facing  the Stockholm-Rio environmental agende from the Millennium goals, fear
 of terriorism etc.

Best regards,

Kirsten Worm
Department of Political Science,
University of Copenhagen

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 17:53:26 -0400, Beth DeSombre wrote