Heya all,

Ok, this may sound strange and I've never seen it on
any websites.. but my Cairo, 6-7 week DEH male, will
eat his (Or Zerwin's.. they don't really have little
name tags attached. (..cough) feces. I've heard of
rabbits doing this.. Not gerbils. Anyone have a clue
about why he may be doing this? I haven't caught
Zerwin doing this yet.. Could it be diet related? I'm
thinking maybe the apple slice I gave affected this..?

And.. Zerwin and Cairo have become nippy. I try
blowing gently in their face to stop them.. they
usually try to nip my fingers/palm again. Is it
because I offer treats in my hand? Should I stop? I
heard some breeder say theyr gerbils have never bit
them because they neverfeed treats out of hand..

Thanks for any insight.. :)

Cheers,
Chistina