I really miss some basic vector functionality in Gimp. In my last works i used Inkscape and Gimp together. Drawing sharp outlines in Inkscape, exporting them to PNG and imported them into Gimp again, to work with brushes and colors. Basically i used Inkscape to create Alpha-Layers for accurate strokes. The exporting and importing was some kind of pain. Just the ability to create basic shapes (Bezier contours), would be a great improvement. It doesn't need to provide anything. But it should be as simple as the Polygon-Tool and the Node-Tool from Inkscape. That would basically all i would need. Opening Inkscape, drawing a simple Shape (outline), exporting it, importing it and then fill it in Gimp is not a comfortable way.