Once more:

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Christian Johansen
<christ...@cjohansen.no> wrote:
> As I've already said many times, we will not deprecate a working solution in
> favor of a less capable one, so this shouldn't be a concern. Apart from
> that, I don't really get the sceptic attitude against HTTPS push? Why is it
> important that only SSH is used for pushing? (Given that the usability issue
> can be solved).

I start to fear that the audience (me included) is chosen 'wrong' and
heavily biased. You're asking people that either are interested in the
development of gitorious already or have 1-N private instances up and
running.
You want to make a change to reach the people that are _not_
subscribed here, I guess. The people on this list probably care less
for 'alternative things for something that already works now, albeit
in a different way'.

So - although I still think that ssh should stay and that GUI client
support is a valid point: I cannot ignore the thought that I might be
just a lazy bum that wants to keep it as it is, for the sake of it.