Dear Federico and Magnus,

Thank you for your links and further help.

Perhaps WMF is not that obsessed with dwell time of a surfer on a webpage,
as are commercial websites and so Google Analytics with its concept of
bounce: the user request of another webpage within a sec, an immediate
rejection of the webpage.

Or perhaps this cannot be logged server-side.

Best regards, hansmuller
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Hansmuller