In a message dated: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:25:53 EST
"Tom Buskey" said:

>My vi skills are not as good as my emacs skills.  The discussion helps.

I have to agree.  I've always used vi et al as a "quick'n'dirty"
editor for things I need to do real quickly.  Anything that I need to
spend a lot of time on I tend to do in emacs.

This discussion has been great, since now I know about Vim's
Visual/Visual Block/Block Visual mode (i.e. the rectangle thingy :)
which will be a *huge* time saver for me :)

Thanks!
--

Seeya,
Paul