On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 08:20:00AM -0500, Kevin D. Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Steven Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > using :make
> >
> > This will run make and if you have error(s) in your code you can move
> > through those using vim.
>
> How automatic is this?  Will vim parse the make and compiler output
> and move you to the correct file and line number?  Can the user fix
> one compilation error and then instruct vim to move me to the next
> compilation error?

    Very, yes, and yes (":cn").

> > Yeah, if I do:
> >
> > :e mai<tab> will do the completion.
>
> Can you relate this to my "supercalifragilisticexpeialidocious"
> example before?

    I don't think Steven understood what you were talking about.  See my
previous email for ^N and ^P behavior.

> Am I correct when I surmise that this wouldn't work between two
> invocations of vim?

    It would work with once instance of vim working of multiple buffers.
I don't think you can complete from any arbitrary running vim process
(that just doesn't seem vim-like), though you can point vim to another
file for completion, such as /usr/dict/*, or another specific file you
are working on.  See ':help complete' in Vim.

--
Bob Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>