FWIW, just for chuckles and grins, I tuned to Channel 227
on my DirecTV system...

A few weeks ago, DirecTV announced the demise of their DSL
service, and now we know why (aside from the fact that it
was a kludge that sucked swampwater). They are now rolling
out their DirecWay service.

This *appears* (I haven't checked the technical details yet)
to be a two-way satellite-based hook-up, running at about
400kbps ("7 times your dial-up speed"). It does, however,
require a new, larger dish (similar, if not identical, to
the dishes used by the late Primestar), and you can have
both DirecTV and DirecWay on it, but it looks like they
have separate feeds, coax, etc. Also, it requires a one-year
subscription and "professional installation", including

1-866-get-dway  http://www.getdway.com

The web page has a button for the DirecWay Compatibility
Test, and when I press it, I get a pop-up that's a 404.
(Maybe it's due to my using NutScrape 4.78?)

I have no idea how much it costs, either. I have no vested
interest in it, but thought it might be relevant to some
folks (albeit not to Rob, according to our side conversation).

Just my 20 millidollars' worth,

Bayard