Jason Stephenson wrote:

I do think Bruce is right on when he mentions all the books having been published about UNIX internals and so on. I definitely don't think that SCO could stand on "trade secrets" for a second.

That just reminded me of a book I read about one of the larger pre-Mitnick computer crime trials (perhaps it was one of the Captain Crunch/Phiber Optik/Acid Phreak generation?). It was finally brought to a halt when it was discovered that the "secrets" that the defendant was accused of stealing, supposedly worth millions (related to E911 IIRC), were actually for sale in an obscure AT&T technical documentation sales catalog for $26.

Erik