Actually you can have replies to tickets in request tracker be added to the
appropriate ticket, and have emails for new tickets create a new ticket.

We use it here and that is the behavior we have.

Dan

             Travis Roy
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             t>                                                         To
             Sent by:                  GNHLUG mailing list
             gnhlug-discuss-ad         <gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             rg
                                                                   Subject
                                       Email based trouble ticketing
             09/13/2005 04:43          system
             PM

Does anybody know of a good email based trouble ticketing system.

We currently use Request Tracker, but it has some limitation. One is
that when you reply to a customer if you don't do it within the
ticketing system it usually generates another ticket.. And when our CTO
does most of his stuff via his blackberry now, that's a lot of tickets.

It doesn't need a web interface at all, but one would be nice for
reporting.