On Apr 7, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:

Personally, I'd not consider Bose crap-level either. Perhaps some of their
low-end stuff, but they also make some good stuff.

Dollar for dollar, Bose is always over-rated. The consumer level stuff is utter garbage, and the frequency response curves of a typical Bose speaker look like an amusement park roller-coaster schematic. For the higher-end stuff, PA speakers, studio monitors, and the like, there are far better options.

Granted I haven't been in *that* many professional recording studios (but I've been in a handful), I've never seen Bose speakers in use any place that people were truly concerned about sound quality.

That same quote also
included Pioneer. The Pioneer Elite series is actually quite good as well.

It's "decent", but in all honesty there is nothing special about it, and no reason the Elite series couldn't/shouldn't just be the standard.