On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 10:13 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am trying to get vnc-server running on my Cell Blade which runs YDL.
> Since the blade has no video, there was no default window manager
> installed.  When I run gvncviewer on my ubuntu box - all I get is twm ==>
> yuck.  That is one of the worst wm's I have ever encountered.  Guess I am
> spoiled by modern wm's.
>
> Tracking down where the wm is set leads me to the file
> /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.  In Xclients the wm is set by either executing
> /etc/sysconfig/desktop or setting the variable "PREFERRED".  Is there
> anything in /etc/sysconfig/desktop besides the variable PREFERRED?  Anyone
> have a sample listing?
>
> I think I know how to set PREFERRED, I was wondering if desktop had any
> other settings.
>
> So is there a cli script to set the desktop?

I believe you want 'switchdesk'.

]# yum search switchdesk
[...]
switchdesk-gui.noarch : A graphical interface for the Desktop Switcher.
switchdesk.noarch : A desktop environment switcher for GNOME, KDE and
AnotherLevel.

The description lies a bit, it supports some other things as well.

--
Jarod Wilson