-----"Darrell Michaud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: -----

>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>From: "Darrell Michaud" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Date: 11/14/2008 01:23PM
>cc: "Greater NH Linux User Group" <gnhlug-discuss@mail.gnhlug.org>
>Subject: Re: YDL (RHAT) etc/sysconfig/desktop
>
>You may wish to consider not using a window manager at all. You may
>be
>able to do everything you need on an ssh console. Or if you must run
>something graphical, you may be able to use X11 forwarding over SSH
>back
>to your normal desktop.

That is worth pursuing.  How does one get X11 forwarding on ssh to work?  I saw something written up, but it did look a little scary.

I did get vnc to work.  Still, it is a little ugly, but at least it is in gnome.  Much better than twm!

******************************
Neither the footer nor anything else in this E-mail is intended to or constitutes an
electronic signature and/or legally binding agreement in the absence of an
express statement or Autoliv policy and/or procedure to the contrary.
This E-mail and any attachments hereto are Autoliv property and may contain legally
privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information.
The recipient of this E-mail is prohibited from distributing, copying, forwarding or in any way
disseminating any material contained within this E-mail without prior written
permission from the author. If you receive this E-mail in error, please
immediately notify the author and delete this E-mail. Autoliv disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the consequences of any person who fails to
abide by the terms herein.