-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ben Scott
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 10:54 AM
To: Greater NH Linux User Group
Subject: Re: buying a laptop either bare or with Ubuntu

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Lloyd Kvam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At least we managed to avoid buying an unwanted Windows license.

  The question is, did you avoid paying for it anyway?

  I've noticed in the past that many PCs being sold without a Windows
license cost the same as the ones with.  I've wondered if that's Dell
pocketing the difference, or whether Microsoft is still getting all
(or some) of the money, just not giving us the license.  They've been
nailed in court for doing so before, so this isn't baseless
speculation.

-- Ben