ok all...i have proftpd jailing users to their home directories.......(this
is good)...the bad thing is that for users that host domains with us i used
to symlink domain.com to /www/domain.com.  now as i sure that all of you
have figured if the user is jailed to her home dir (/) then a link
/www/domain.com won't work.

My question is - is there a way to create the link so that it can be
followed by jailed users?  its a long shot i know...why jail them to their
home dir if only to have a symlink to someplace out of their home dir...

BTW for those of you that use sendmail....forget it...qmail is sooooo much
faster and a lot easier to install....i fought with sendmail for 2
days....then installed qmail in a few hours. :-) (thanks pete)

~kurth
Kurth Bemis - Network/Systems Administrator, USAExpress.net/Ozone Computer

People disagree with me.  I just ignore them.
         -- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel

[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth
PGP key available - http://www.usaexpress.net/kurth/pgp

Fight Weak Encryption!  Donate your wasted CPU cycles to Distributed.net
(http://www.distributed.net)