On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Kurth Bemis wrote:
> My question is - is there a way to create the link so that it can be
> followed by jailed users?

  Nope.  That is, as you guessed, the point of a chroot(2) jail.

  I recommend just setting the users' home directories to their directories in
your /www/ filesystem.

> BTW for those of you that use sendmail....forget it...qmail is sooooo much
> faster and a lot easier to install....i fought with sendmail for 2
> days....then installed qmail in a few hours. :-)

  I find sendmail pretty easy to manage, as long as you stick with the M4
preprocessor config files like the docs say to.  Treat the sendmail.cf file as
more of a compiled binary.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Net Technologies, Inc. <http://www.ntisys.com>