>How can you possibly justify $2k to any manager (or Wife for that matter) for
>training on a system that may as well be called anangrousmail for all they
>know.

Have you ever attended a 4 day seminar for LESS than that?

If they don't know what sendmail is yet, they are in very sad shape.

>Who's speaking that needs 2k from everyone attending? Bill Gates? or a few
>playboy bunnies? I personally would have loved to go especially a
>few months ago
>when I was having problems. Why isn't anything like this done in parts at say,
>oh...THE LUG MEETINGS!

Well, at the upcoming March meeting, we will have a
compare/contrast/attack discussion of different MTAs including
sendmail, with Kurth and I representing qmail.

At the NNHLUG meeting's we've had, we'd love to share whatever we do
know about sendmail or qmail, with any interested persons that show
up.

>Which is another story all together. I showed up for the
>last one waited until 7:25 and no one was around. No wonder Linux isn't widely
>accepted.

Because you showed up at the wrong time/place for a meeting, Linux is doomed?

>Don't get me wrong I love Linux and use it all the time but this isn't
>a good way to turn people on to it or see it as a better alternative.
>Sorry Paul, I just want to see Linux succeed. And I want everyone to help
>each other. I know I live in a fantasy world.

The reason that Linux is succeeding so well is because many people
*do* help each other.  But don't expect free 4-day seminars with
lunch included.

Join several mailing lists (I am sure there are sendmail specific
ones, there  are several for qmail) and ask questions, and do your
homework so that you don't ask question that are in the FAQ's.

And remember, its about free speach, not free beer.

--P