On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Cole Tuininga wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I think identd is usually a standalone process -
> not fired off from inetd.  At least, I think this is the default on a RH
> 6.2 box.

In this 6.0 machine, the in.identd errors ended when I disabled the auth
line in the inetd.conf.

My boss seeme to think it's a kernel module that somehow got
damaged.  It might be, and I really hope so.  As there was a 6.2 CD set
sitting next to the machine, I decided that an upgrade would be a good
thing as well as fix any issued with the kernel modules.  Either way, it
buys me time to make all the necessary services work on the new machine
as the upgrade progresses.

Now I just need to change the default gatewat on all the Sun systems,
and we wouldn't need the old box except that it's the primary DNS server
(external) for the domain.... and we all know how fast Network Solutions
works on this sort of change....

Brian

|  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Spam me and DIE!       |
|                 http://www.datasquire.net                   |
|                 Co-Founder & Co-Owner of                    |
|              Data Squire Internet Services                  |