An earlier message indicated that identd may be at fault - usually, that's only
started because something (usually a remote mail agent) is trying to verify that
a user is on that system. So either someone from you system sent out a bunch of
spam, or your system is about to (or is) undergo a spam attack. Or you're just
the target of a DoS attack.

PS: Keep in mind that "attack" could just as easily be accidental (like a "heart
attack") or malicious (like a "DoS attack"). You won't know until you've chased
the problem down.

I should point out that that system is highly vulnerable (largely due to
published exploits in various services and the kernel) - I just hope its
firewalled from general access by the internet. If not, don't trust any files
from that system.

--Bruce