On Mon, 05 Mar 2001, Benjamin Scott wrote:
[snip]
>   The world should stop trying to make web pages look the same everywhere they
> display.  HTML is designed to allow the *user* to control the presentation of
> hypertext marked up by the author.  Web pages are *supposed* to look different
> depending on how they are viewed!

Oh I agree with this so much it makes me angry that this ever comes up.  A well
crafted HTML document could be correctly rendered with a text to speech engine
for example, with no loss of information.  An emphasis tag could just make
something louder for instance.  Web designers should always ask themselves "how
would this look if I was blind?"

--- Tom Rauschenbach    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
All your base are belong to us