----- Original Message -----
From: "Kenny Donahue" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "gnhlug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2002 1:31 PM
Subject: Re: Apache server attbi question: Update

> Thanks for all the help.
> Everything is working now.

A.
> I still don't know the
> exact cause of the problem .

See "C" below.

B.
> I was playing with it last
> night, got angry and rebooted the server.  After that
> it worked.

See "D" below.

C.
> Did I mention I was running windows <grin>?

See "A" above.

D.
> Nothing changed. The IP address for the server stayed
> the same ( I use DHCP from the Linksys) and I had stopped/
> /started the Apache server several times thinking that
> was the issue.

See "B" above.

Windows is the problem. Making changes to a Windows program that messes
with the registry and not rebooting at least twice is the problem. These
programs are so intertwined with the registry, and how drivers and .dlls
get loaded, that they have a ripple effect, and making one change can
cause different results on 2 or 3 subsequent reboots. Trust me, this has
happened to me on several occasions.

Glad it's working now though :)

Rich Cloutier
President, C*O