At 12:06 PM -0500 4/2/02, Derek D. Martin wrote:
>  >...When I set up a virtual host in the router to
>  > route http port 80 to my internal machine (192.168.1.x) port 80, the web
>>  site is NOT visible from inside the network, but it IS visible to people
>>  outside.
>
>I believe what causes this is that the router forwards the source IP
>and port (that of the client) to the virtual host as-is (i.e. it does
>not NAT the client)...

Although I haven't done the virtual host part, I had this problem at first too.

 From inside my local net I could only http, telnet, ftp, etc. to the
linux box (also inside my local net) via the local net ip num.

But then I updated the firmware in my linksys router, and now I can
use the external domain name, and/or ip num, and it routes everything
OK.

Is this what's called loopback?

-- Jack Hodgson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <www.jackhodgson.com>