On Fri, 17 May 2002, at 7:55am, Ken Ambrose wrote:
> Unfortunately, it takes each seperate "word" as a different paramater.  I
> -know- I've done this before, but I just can't remember how.  Suggestions?

  Place variables which may contain shell special characters in "double
quotes", i.e.,

        for i in * ; do foo "$i" ; echo "$i is done" ; done

  Also, be aware of the "-print0" switch to "find", and the "-0" switch of
"xargs", which lets you do things like:

        find -iname "*.jpg" -print0 | xargs -0 foo

  (Note, that 0 is digit zero, not letter O.)

--
Ben Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>