Hi Milo,

El dom., 15 sept. 2019 a las 15:24, Milo Ivir (<mi...@milotype.de>)
escribió:

> Please excuse, but I'd like to share my thoughts on this subject one last
> time on i18n list.
> Issues about the translation itself, I'll try to solve with Gogo directly.
>
> It would be great if we could find a solution for my translator/commiter
> status, as well as find a way, how to increase the speed for translations
> getting into the releases. Currently I'm the only translator, there are no
> reviewers
> nor committers and Gogo is the coordinator.

You must talk about this with Croatian team coordinator . We have no
criteria to decice if someone has o has no become reviewer or commiter in a
translation team. If you have enought skills to assume those tasks let yor
coordinator know it. Take into account that team coordinator also has
reviewer and commiter roles.

> By now 17 of my translation files are stuck in the system since june.
> Half of them are new and complete translations.
>
> 13.09.2019., u 14:31, gogo gogić via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n@gnome.org> je
> napisao:
>
> If you do not use Linux I do not see the point for translating it.
>
> My interest is to translate and improve translations of open source
> software. I don't think being a Linux user is a requirement to translate or
> to improve existing translations in the GNOME project. Also, many apps
> outside of Linux are using gtk nowadays, or the cross-platform app Gimp, as
> mentioned before.

I disagree with you in this point. If you aren't a GNOME user you will miss
some terms we use and your translations won't be accurate. Yes, Gimp is
cross-platform  and it uses a very specific language, but other GNOME
modules use general terms used in GNOME that you should know before
translating.

> 13.09.2019., u 14:31, gogo gogić via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n@gnome.org> je
> napisao:
>
> Since you are not a Linux user, if you want to contribute to translation,
> you have many other translation systems like transifex, crowdin and many
> others, there you can translate many apps you are using in Mac OS.
>
> Even if you may not mean it this way, it's like saying: "Go play somewhere
> else."
> The idea is to colaborate, not contra-laborate ;-)

Collaborations require some quality... your "contra-colaborate" thinks are
only "keep quality" thinks in our side ;-)

> BTW, you are on Transifex as well, where you are also ignoring my requests
> tojoin/ translate/commit files for (non-GNOME) freedesktop.org (I've made
> a request 2 months ago).
>

> So please, let's find a solution …

Talk about this with Gogo... it's the only one I see, sorry

Best regards.