I am curious as to why any GNU project would even think of using PDF.
It's proprietary to Adobe, copyrighted by them, subject to change or
withdrawal by them at any time, and some aspects are patented. It is
designed from square one to allow the restriction of use of documents
by various codes. (I realize that they can be bypassed by any
competent OCR program.) In short, it is in exactly the position that
GIF was before Compuserve suddenly reversed its free policy on it
and, successfully, demanded payment for its use.

I understand that PostScript is now legally considered free from
ownership restriction, so can be used by us with no risk of being
restricted later.

Where am I wrong in this?
John