[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Just transpose once so the first note is `c', or `a', or whatever you
> like, but consistently.  The search engine merely does the same with
> the request. No need to store twelve times.  And of course, you do not
> even store the first note, as it is implied.

To extend the idea: If you want to be able to find also,
e.g. second themes, using a "free music search" (corresponding
to free text search", I guess the trick is to store the
music differentially (number of half-tones up/down and
time relation between each note and the next one) and
use any of the standard string matching algorithms
available.

    /Mats