David Chan wrote:

> However, I'm not suggesting that composers should be forced to
> use our licensing.  If they choose not to, they can sell their
> music through normal channels, or make use of the service which
> your server provides.  At the moment, I don't know of any site,
> apart from Mutopia, which is devoted to "free" (downloadable,
> modifiable, performable, recordable) music, and I would hope
> that we can continue to fill this gap.

I agree with David here - there already exist other archives that
cater for people who want to make their music freely available but
retain performance rights. As far as I'm concerned, the whole point
of Mutopia is that all the music on it is free in all senses of the
word as David has outlined above - I hope it can stay that way.

Chris