It's been rumoured that Rob Browning said:

> OK.  I'd like to take this opportunity to have a DTR (Define the
> Relationship).  What I'd like to know is if there's anyone else on the
> list who's actually in favor of or interested in the guile stuff (even
> if only conceptually -- whether or not it's "quite right" yet).

OK,
I think we've wandered off the track of what I think was the important issue.
I don't beleive its 'which ext lang is the right one' or even 'are ext langs a good
idea'.  I want to refocus on the project anti-patterns:

-- too many people have too much trouble installing gnucash, esp finding the right
   pre-req'd packages.  What to do about this?

-- too many potential developers struggle too hard trying to get it to compile.
   (because most of the packages it pre-reqs are not widely used in other places)
   What to do about this?

-- too many people report that it core-dumps instantly for them (works great
   for me, of course).  Is this related to the incompatible pre-reqs problem?
   What to do about this?

--linas (that's my name, not an issue)
The GnuCash / X-Accountant Mailing List
To unsubscribe, send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
put "unsubscribe gnucash-devel [EMAIL PROTECTED]" in the body