>  > I would dare say that the ability to quickly summarize ones financial
>  > position is much of the point for tracking money in the computer.  This
>  > would be especially useful if done in graphical form(someday)
>  >

> Agreed.  Work on GUPPI has apparently started up again.  If they
> succeed in getting something up and running, we can probably use
> Bonobo to add charting capabilities with a minimum of extra coding.
> Gnumeric will also eventually have plotting capabilities, so talking
> to Gnumeric using CORBA is also a quite viable option.

Was just checking out GUPPI  as they have shoved out some publicity about
re-starting.
It sounds like eventually the package will be able to do some cool stuff.

Two thoughts come to mind:

A) Won't this make gnucash even more Gnome-centric ?
            ( doesn't really bother me 'cause I've got all the libs, but will
really cheese off people who don't)

B) What about something that could be functional NOW ?  I noticed that there
was some
mention of gnu plotutils in earlier gnucash work.  Was there a problem with
that approach ?
I'm a Gnuplot fan,myself. However it is admittedly NOT the prettiest and tends
to force some klunky programming interfaces.

Can anyone answer, or have these things just not been addressed yet ?

Dinner's starting to smell like its done or worse, so I'll shut up now.

Thanks.

--

 Matt Martin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]