On 2023-10-21 08:58, Edwin Booth via gnucash-user wrote:
> Thanks again to all! But here’s a simple question that I need the answer to
> so I may start entering expenses. I have set up an account hierarchy tree and
> now I want to assign expense accounts to specific transactions that I made
> with my credit cards. But I wish to add some accounts to the basic list. I
> can’t figure out how to do that.

It strikes me that you're trying to use GnuCash without first reading
the documentation. That's like trying to run before you can walk. Others
have already made the suggestion, but maybe you missed their messages.

I know there's a lot of documentation. But start with section "I. The
Basic Knowledge" in the Tutorial and Concepts Guide at
<https://www.gnucash.org/viewdoc.phtml?rev=5&lang=C&doc=guide>

The answer to your question is in that chapter.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com/